Friday, November 12, 2010

Child Prostitutes

Several nights ago I watched this movie called Gardens of the Night and I wanted to go out and be a hero by slaying some pimps. It was about this young girl Leslie who gets kidnapped and put into a prostitution ring. She was maybe around 10 or younger. Prostitution seemed to be burned into her as a person's religious beliefs are.

There was a scene where she was doing a customer and she was saying things to get him horny. The things she said when she had sex sounded like something she had made up as a child which I suppose was meant to harken the audience to an earlier part of her life having sex as a child. The part I'm referencing happened near the end of the movie where she said something to the effect of, "cum in me and out of my mouth", like something an ignorant kid would say.

Leslie had been made to believe her family abandoned her by her kidnappers, but they are found for her and she finds out they had been looking for her. She leaves them soon after being welcomed back home. I thought her leaving her family was weird since at this point in her life, as a woman, she was always looking for shelter and had found it with them.



The movie was kind of funny because the black kid she was with who was her friend became a Mulatto [Evan Ross] when they got older. I found out he was the son of Diana Ross later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment